Postdoctoral Research – Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA
- Cross-disciplinary Electronic-Ionic Research Enabling Biologically Realistic Autonomous Learning (CEREBRAL) (2017 – Present) – Multidisciplinary University Research Initiative (MURI)
Focused on thermally-engineered stochasticity in complex oxide thin films towards adaptive neuromorphic networks.
- Phonon Transport in Doped β–Ga2O3 Bulk Crystals (2016 – Present) – Collaboration with Air Force Research Laboratories (AFRL) and Naval Research Laboratory (NRL)
Performing thorough studies of phonon-dominated thermal transport in a next-generation wide-bandgap semiconductor: beta-phase Gallium Oxide (β–Ga2O3).
- Gate-Resistance Thermometry of GaN and InP Transistors on Si-CMOS Submounts (2016 – 2017) – Sponsored by DARPA DAHI (Diverse Accessible Heterogeneous Integration) Program
Addressing thermal issues associated with flip-chip bonded GaN (HEMT) and InP (HBT) transistor chiplets on silicon CMOS submounts to marry high-performance III-V discrete devices with high-density interconnects.
- Thermal Transport in CVD Diamond Films for Electronics Thermal Management (2016 – 2017) – Sponsored by DARPA/AFOSR
Assessing impact of crystal quality on the thermal conductivity of CVD-deposited diamond thin films grown on various substrates (Si, SiC, GaN) for high-performance electronic devices.
PhD – University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
- Dynamic Thermal Transport in Oxides: Towards Solid-State Thermal Devices (2012 – 2016)
Studying the effects of reconfigurable domain structure and phase transformations on the thermal transport properties in oxides.
- Thermal Optimization of High-Power RF/MW Photodetectors (2014 – 2016)
Improving the performance and reliability of high-power RF/MW photodetectors by minimizing the device operating temperatures via optimizing the thermal transport within the device structures.
- Scalable Nano-materials for Electronic and Low Thermal Conductivity Applications (2011 – 2014)
Studying the phonon-dominated thermal transport properties of various complex oxides fabricated via chemical solution deposition.
- Effect of Chemical Functionalization on Transport at Metal-Graphene Interfaces (2012 – 2015)
Studied the effect of plasma-based chemical functionalization of graphene surfaces with various adsorbates on the thermal and electrical transport properties.